This unique opportunity will report to the Head of Engineering of a compensation software company.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Head of Engineering and team members to help ship new features on a scalable platform using a user-centered product sprint process.
- Help drive the infrastructure forward, from the API layer to the cloud.
- Work on building, improving, and deploying a system with performance and scalability as core components.
- Emphasize automation, monitoring, observability, and tooling to provide a best practices approach to platform development.
- Enhance the architecture of our web application and ensure API layers are built out in a consistent and maintainable way.
- Partner with development teams to architect and develop solutions that will best serve our clients.
- Be able to move between platform architecture and api development to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Ensure the software is well-designed and well-tested, with clean code that can scale to hundreds of companies.
- Assess business and product requirements and propose viable technical solutions.
- Exemplify holistic approach to writing software, e.g. security, documentation, instrumentation, and observability.
- Use your experience in delivering software for a SaaS product at scale, including what goes into thoughtfully deploying your code in a complex environment while obsessing about the quality of the product.
- Work with a group of passionate, intelligent, humble software engineers.
- Uphold high development standards with a focus on meeting product needs.
Backend: Python, Django
Frontend: React, Redux, Saga
Platform: AWS (ECS)
Database/Search: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
We are a compensation software and consulting firm founded in 2017 by D.C. native, Lola Han. With a white-glove approach, CultivatePeople makes compensation painless. As thought partners, we introduce progressive, globally proven practices, including a new software, Kamsa, that provides global market compensation data and enhances pay equity and transparency in the workplace.
Are you a Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about great products and has the chops with a sense of humor? Then, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for someone to help build our compensation software, Kamsa, that helps companies pay employees fairly. You'll work closely with a passionate team with no corporate nonsense and you'll be rolling up your sleeves and putting on other hats that also align with your strengths while learning, growing, thriving and having fun together!
Why You’ll Love Working at CultivatePeople
- Passion - You’ll be working with team members who love what they do, and blend the art and science of compensation to help companies pay employees fairly, painlessly
- Community - We’re all about helping companies grow and cultivate people
- We Get Shit Done - You’ll see how your contributions are impacting the company
- Appreciation - Our product, Kamsa, means ‘appreciation’ in Korean; We’re all about helping companies who invest in their most valuable asset - their people
CultivatePeople is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at CultivatePeople are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability.